Thursday, August 8, 2013

Foodie Friday -- August 9th


It's time for Foodie Friday!
What did you bring to the potluck today?
 
I made Garlic Focaccia.
It's probably the easiest focaccia recipe I've ever tried.
 
Add 1 package active dry yeast to 3/4 cup warm sugar water. I dissolved 1 T white sugar into the water. After the yeast proofs, add it to 5 cups all purpose white flour. Add 1 tsp salt (wish I'd added a bit more) and 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO0. Mix and knead. Cover bowl with a warm, damp towel and let dough rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
 
Knead dough again and shape to fit your pan.
Make sure you add 1/2 cup EVOO  to the pan.
Shape the dough to fit the pan and flip the dough over.
Press indentions into the top.
Mince 2 garlic cloves and sprinkle into the indentions.
Sprinkle liberal amounts of sea salt over the top.
Let the dough rise 1 hour.
Add more Evoo and salt to the top, allowing the oil to pool in the indentions.
Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown.
Remove from oven and cool.


 
If you are participating in Foodie Friday,
please take a moment to read the guidelines.
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission to include a photo of your FF recipe in a feature story.

** Would you like to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest?
It can be found HERE. We're a small, sociable group; Foodie Friday folks are always welcome to "pin" with us and chat about food. Just leave a comment on one of my recent"pins," so I'll be sure to see it, and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.

**I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will visit the host blogs to pin photographs.

 Thanks for visiting us today!
Now tell us all about your recipe.




Pin It

Social Bookmarking

26 comments:

  1. That Garlic Focaccia Bread looks so yummy! Thanks for hosting another great party!

    ~Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your focaccia looks awesome! I've never tried it but will need to now. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Garlic Focaccia sounds wonderful and amazingly easy! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, this looks so good! Love the smell of fresh bread and one that includes garlic would be some much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Focaccia and your recipe does look easy. In this heat I am looking for easy and delicious. Hope you are having a fun day and thanks for a great party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a very similar recipe for focaccia, I crave that stuff! Homemade is the best, I like to smear mine with roasted garlic...okay, gotta go make some...thanks for the party Michael, I look forward to it every week~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for hosting! I LOVE Focaccia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The focaccia looks so good!
    Thank you so much for hosting! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The garlic focaccia sounds delicious. I've nothing new to share this week, but I did post my luncheon setting for the lemon risotto. Stop by for a look-see if you have time.
    Enjoyed the gardening post. Digging holes isn't my favorite part either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Focaccia sounds marvelous - I haven't made it in a LONG time - it is so satisfying making homemade bread - I am delighted to join you this week, I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like you garlic focaccia - simple but very tasty :)

    Thank you for another party and have a relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am obsessed with making bread of any kind. I will have to try this one. Thanks so much for hosting and letting me join in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't made focaccia in a long time Michael, it sounds great! Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting the blog hop. I have been experimenting with overnight oats and chocolate pudding recipes and have combined both with my Overnight Mint Chocolate Pudding Oats which is very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love focaccia, and your recipe sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for hosting. This week I've shared pretty little individual trifles - easy to make and very delicious too. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your focaccia sounds fantastic. Makes me miss my mother's homemade bread. Thanks for hosting each week. I've brought a Spicy Black Bean, Corn, & Shrimp Salad, a simple dinner, ready in under 30 minutes.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting Michael. Your focaccia looks fantastic. It's got a great crumb and I bet it smells marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That focaccia needs a gluten-free conversion for our house for sure! It looks so good, Michael! :-)

    This week I've linked up my Super Mini Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Sundaes. They're just the right amount of sweet frozen goodness for one's afternoon sweet tooth. ;-)

    Thanks for hosting each week! Happy weekend!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting, Michael! Your focaccia looks gorgeous (and so much easier than some I've tried :). I'm joining the link party for the first time and am sharing some fun Greek dinner party recipes. I am excited to explore! (Amy from Club Narwhal).

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad I found your yummy in the tummy linky party. I'm linking up Parmesan Encrusted Fried Green Tomatoes.

    When it come to yummy in your tummy Southern comfort food nothing beats fried green tomatoes. I love friend green tomatoes. I remember my granny cooking up a mess, as she called it. I'd watch her diligently, trying to learn her secret for yummy fried green tomatoes.

    Her secret was seasoning salt added to the cornmeal. I still use seasoning salt, but today I'm sassing my fried green tomatoes up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Michael that bread looks so delicious, how do you find the time with the gardening, writing and cooking and the millions of other things you do...not to mention all the wonderful remodeling...I would love for you to come over to see my jungle, I know you will love it and I would love to know what you think...(love your books) Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummo...ML, your Garlic Focaccia looks scrumptious! I can't wait to try making it here.

    I did salmon last night with the lemon in olive oil & citron salt, just like Sarah's DH made...in a foil packet & boy was it delicious! Moist & flavorful. I'll have to post it to FF next week because this week I've contributed "Minions!" LOL

    Thanks for hosting FF again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love garlic anything, but in bread is fab for sopping up more garlicky things!

    ReplyDelete

There you are! I'm so glad you're here. Love, MLee xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails